October 09, 2015

CBC won't broadcast debates, but runs professor's "deranged" deportation fears as news story

Ezra LevantRebel Commander

Did you see this bizarre "news story" the CBC just ran?

A Nigerian born professor called the CBC to complain about an exchange he had with a Conservative candidate about Bill C-24.

As you may know, under that new law, a dual Canadian citizen convicted of terrorism would be stripped of their Canadian citizenship.

(The bill was proposed by an MP who also happens to be new Canadian, by the way...)

However, the professor seemed to think it meant that his Canadian-born daughters would be deported to Nigeria if he became a criminal.

Or something.

They wouldn't run any of the federal election debates -- but the CBC felt THIS weird hypothetical "thought experiment" was newsworthy?


The CBC: Irrelevant, arrogant, biased. Time to pull the plug!

PLUS: Get your “Sell The CBC” t-shirt ONLY at The Rebel Store!

SIGN UP FREE for Election 2015 coverage from The Rebel team!
Don't miss a minute of our exclusive interviews and investigations!

You must be logged in to comment. Click here to log in.
commented 2015-10-13 06:53:00 -0400
Now that’s funny Jay, the CBC is like Justin’s hair. All fluff and hairspray?
Why would anyone want Justin’s hair … wait a minute… are you balding?
commented 2015-10-13 00:12:17 -0400
Why, oh why, is The Rebel.media Party so focussed on the CBC? It is a bit like Justin’s hair; something they can never have.
commented 2015-10-12 15:21:35 -0400
Magnolia read Donna’s post below yours, and ask yourself why you bother to come here with that shlock.
commented 2015-10-12 10:42:23 -0400
Polls are too close to call – let’s help together to stop Harper in a well targeted manner – check this out :) harpernomore.weebly.com :)
commented 2015-10-12 02:56:53 -0400
Cbc/politics website – shows video and commentary stories welcoming viewers to comment on the issue or other issues of the day. It attracts hundreds of bloggers. There are moderators who are to stop bad language etc. Trouble is, Most commenters allowed through are Harper bashers, presenting an extreme left wing agenda. Anything can be said as long as it is complete left wing propaganda, the comments are full of outright false information, activists using the site to instill fear and deception against Harper, any derogatory statement
You can imagine, its in spades, against any Conservative. Its a brain washing site to excite anger. So to clear up some of the false information, I have tried to counter and present the facts, backing up any comment with facts
and where those facts are avail. for back checking. You guessed it I am tagged and the moderators won’t
Let me post. They only allow my comment if it is extremely vague. Essentially, CBC saturates the airwaves and
Written material with negative Conserv material, while there may be some truth, a lot is outright lies and deception, And some a small area of truth but added fiction in order to mislead. They censor any information to set the record straight, they are not interested in the truth. I dont know how they can stop freedom of speech
When we are all paying taxes for this bogus institution. If Trudeau gets in he will even ramp up
his sounding board even more.
commented 2015-10-11 11:58:10 -0400
Canadian Broadcorping Castration.
commented 2015-10-11 10:20:21 -0400
Robert Hewgill said, “Then really cut taxes.”

Them’s swear words to the socialists! ;o)
commented 2015-10-10 19:03:24 -0400
go backNews Toronto

Film company takes on TVO, Toronto Star over Kathleen Wynne documentary
Toronto Star defends decision to view Wynne documentary
Jun 26, 2015 10:04 AM ET
CBC News
Share this story

The company that was commissioned to make a documentary about Premier Kathleen Wynne has entered into a war of words with The Toronto Star and TVO.

Last month, TVO said it was backing out of the project because of concerns about its “editorial integrity.”

The documentary, Premier: The Unscripted Kathleen Wynne‎‎, had been commissioned from White Pine Pictures, and TVO says it insisted “there be a journalistic treatment” of the film, including hiring a journalist as the director.

But after director Roxana Spicer walked away from the project, TVO terminated its agreement and announced it is looking for White Pine Pictures to refund the $114,075 advance.

On Thursday, White Pine Pictures president Peter Raymont said he was frustrated that the Toronto Star “published clips from an unauthorized, copyrighted version of the documentary.”

Raymont was referring to an article that Robert Benzie, the paper’s Queen’s Park bureau chief, wrote Thursday. Benzie, who was among the journalists interviewed for Premier: The Unscripted Kathleen Wynne‎‎, has seen the documentary.

In his story, Benzie wrote the film may never be broadcast because the premier and her officials won’t sign release forms.

Raymont says Wynne’s office is not blocking the airing of the documentary, “and has arranged for all remaining releases to be signed to facilitate a prompt broadcast.”

Premier says she hasn’t seen film

At a press conference Thursday, Wynne said she wanted the documentary to be released, adding that “had I not been interested in transparency… then I wouldn’t have gone into the project in the first place.”

She told reporters she has not seen the film.

Raymont, who says “the editorial claims made by Star reporter Robert Benzie are inaccurate,” also accused the paper of “theft and re-use of stolen property.”

“As a news organization that has long defended itself against similar theft of its creative product I am disappointed that the Star has behaved so cavalierly toward another professional with a demonstrated commitment to serious journalism,” Raymont said in a statement.

Michael Cooke, an editor at The Star, dismissed Raymont’s accusation.

“Given the public dollars spent on that film, given the public interest in the story, and given the deliberate edited brevity of the two clips we used, our legal advice sought beforehand was that we were well within the boundary of copyright violation,” Cooke wrote in an email to CBC News.

Raymont also accused TVO of abandoning the production while editing was still in progress.

“We dispute TVO’s assertions that White Pine Pictures was deficient in fulfilling the delivery requirements of the film, which was in post-production. TVO has twice issued statements that impugn my professional reputation and integrity,” he said. “It is not uncommon for creative differences to arise during the production and editing of a documentary, particularly one with political themes.”

TVO says the lack of a director is a “fundamental deficiency” for a documentary, and a film “consistent with TVO’s journalistic standards for editorial integrity, independence and quality” was not delivered.

“In my experience, such difficulties have always been resolved,” Raymont said.

Share this story

Related Links
Kathleen Wynne headed to Israel in 2016
TVO backs out of Wynne documentary over editorial concerns
Kathleen Wynne questioned by OPP about Sudbury byelection
Mobile ServicesContact UsHelp
Terms of UsePrivac
commented 2015-10-10 18:40:36 -0400
If we deport the professor and his daughters, just call it family reunification. Now if only we could find the balls to cut off the billion dollars of funding to the CBC every year, we could run larger surpluses to pay off the debt. Then really cut taxes.
commented 2015-10-10 14:12:47 -0400
CBC, Creepy Bullshit Crap. Who watches them? Thy need to be reinvented, with no more Stalinist Crap. It would also be nice if they new what honesty meant, also.
commented 2015-10-10 12:06:41 -0400
Hypothetically, this immigrant man is a fear monger! Disgraceful of the CBC to run the story in such a light! What else to expect but smears from the Socialist Media!
commented 2015-10-10 10:36:35 -0400
Both Mulcair and Trudeau have promised to increase funding to the CBC, which fully explains the purpose of this attack on the Conservatives. There has been numerous similar attacks as well. The CBC seems to be a propaganda network for leftist causes not unlike Pravda of the old Soviet Union was. It has become political and divides Canadians. It should not be funded by tax payers. The CBC is has become a disgrace to public broadcasting in my opinion.
commented 2015-10-10 05:55:19 -0400
“How long do you think it would survive if it wasn’t getting any gov’t funding?”

I wager that within one year of the funding being cut off we would see the CBC struggling to meet their financial obligations including their payroll. Within the second year they’d be filing bankruptcy papers. However, I also would expect that Lacroix and the other elitists in the top management tier would make the lion’s share of existing funds disappear prior to the writ of bankruptcy being filed (perhaps safely tucked away in off shore accounts, Elitist motto: one must feather their nest first and above the rest).
commented 2015-10-10 04:35:34 -0400
Dear Janet Lymer, If I may be so personal… I don’t give a “big rat’s ass” if CTV or Global or TVA had a hissy fit and pulled out of broadcasting the leaders’ debate.. The point is that the CBC is a TAXPAYER-FUNDED GOVERNMENT BROADCASTER expected to broadcast events like political leaders’ debates during a federal election!… Let me say it again, just in case it buzzed by – TAXPAYER-FUNDED GOVERNMENT BROADCASTER… Or, to put it more gently:- “What’s its xxxxxx purpose for existence in the first place, and why was it created??”…. (Oh God, don’t tell me it was to create Schitt’s Creek!?)
commented 2015-10-10 02:32:01 -0400
SO Jimmy Da Silva more REAL NEWS from the CBC LMAO?
commented 2015-10-10 01:18:44 -0400
@janet Lymer – Go peddle you propaganda where people are stupid enough to believe you!
The Consortium has been a corrupt kangaroo court attempting to vilify the Conservatives Party of Canada and the Reform Party before it. Do you not remember the hate mongering by the CBC and the Liberals about how the evil Stephen Harper had a hidden agenda and there would “soldiers on the streets … with guns!” Two full majority terms and still no soldiers on the streets with guns … and no hidden agenda! Don’t bother trying to explain, we don’t want you to melt your “brain.”
commented 2015-10-10 00:57:25 -0400
How long do you think it would survive if it wasn’t getting any gov’t funding? I sure would like to see that tested.
commented 2015-10-10 00:22:38 -0400
Every time I think the CBC can’t possibly go any lower in its standards, it does just that. Sell the rotten CBC!
commented 2015-10-09 22:31:42 -0400
I think everyone here is aware that Harper pulled out of the debate which was to be moderated by the consortium, Janet, and I certainly don’t blame him. However, that fact didn’t preclude ‘the consortium’ from airing the other debates. Didn’t the CBC, CTV ,Global and TVA want Canadians to have a chance to witness what a fair debate looked like?
commented 2015-10-09 22:22:34 -0400
De-funding is not the answer. Abolition is! It’s time to close this socialist cesspool down!
commented 2015-10-09 22:13:03 -0400
How about getting all the facts straight instead of picking and choosing sound bites? The CBC didn’t choose to not broadcast the debate, but rather the conservatives pulled out of talks with the media consortium that has existed since 1968 and would broadcast the debate across all the networks. In case you missed it, CTV, Global and TVA also didn’t broadcast the debate. It was left up to Rogers and Maclean’s.
commented 2015-10-09 18:22:33 -0400
Years ago I lived in an area in which I only had access to CBC so that is what we watched on TV. One evening I was cooking supper and sat my son down to watch TV. We were waiting for a new series that was starting and the plan was to ‘picnic’ in the living room to watch the show. “Red Serge” was about the beginning of the RCMP. Something about the music in the show that was on just prior to “Red Serge” caught my attention and I went into the living room to investigate. It was an interpretative dance number and I was appalled at what appeared to be two people engaging in sex on the TV, at 5:30 in the evening – and then I looked a little closer and realized that it was two male dancers grinding their pelvises on each others. I turned the TV off and assured my 4 or 5 year old son that we’d turn it back on for the show we were waiting for.

Now I don’t know about you folks but that is not behaviour I would expect from anyone in my living room in front of my young son. Maybe I was a bit of a prude, but really, if I invite you into my home I expect a little more decorum.

So I wrote a letter to the head of CBC. I believe it was Pierre Juno then. My letter said basically what I have presented here and that surely they could have chosen a more reasonable time to air such a thing. In due course, I got a letter back – accusing me of bigotry.

I didn’t have a choice then about watching CBC. It was that or nothing and while my kids were growing up – well – Hockey Night in Canada.

Fast Forward!

But in 2000 I was asked by the local CBC to provide commentary on the municipal election that was taking place. I had been a member of Whitehorse City Council for two terms but decided not to run in that election. Well why not? New experience for me. They were set up in council Chambers and when I arrived they had me sign some papers and I settled in. Polls closed at 8 pm and by 11 pm the results, while not all in, were a given and it was time to pack up. I swear I thought I was donating my time that night. I was in Council Chambers for all of 4 hours. Shortly after that a cheque arrived in the mail. It paid my rent for the following month. Four hours sitting on my kiester talking about why one candidate did better than another and what the various issues meant to the results – stuff I’d lived and breathed for the 6 previous years – netted me $175 or so per hour. Minus the only 7 bucks or so I’ve ever had to pay to a Union. I have never watched or listened to CBC since. And now I’m going to sign the petition.
commented 2015-10-09 18:07:36 -0400
Kim posted, “[CBC] Unfortunately we do not broadcast content, like a debate, over which we have no editorial input.”

In other words, “We do not broadcast content we cannot edit and control to say what we want.”
commented 2015-10-09 17:42:06 -0400
Anything to detract from the Conservatives – when justine gets in we are doomed.
commented 2015-10-09 17:29:50 -0400
Marty Ashfield – Hubert Lacroix would be crying like a girl, if he was ever confronted by the real citizens of Canada! I’m sure that many would like to tar & feather him. I would to see him fired, and on the street looking for a more suitable position!
commented 2015-10-09 17:23:06 -0400
CBC: The Confirmation Bias Corporation
commented 2015-10-09 17:21:06 -0400
So I e-mailed CBC and asked why they didn’t air the Munk Debates. This is the response I got back…lol
Hello Kim,
Thank you for emailing CBC and for your feedback about the Munk debate.
Unfortunately we do not broadcast content, like a debate, over which we have no editorial input. We do however cover the news about such debates.
Hopefully this is helpful and thanks again for taking the time to get in touch.

-Alex, CBC Audience Services

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 4:52 PM, wrote:
a-subject: Munk Debate
b-comment: As a public broadcaster that receives 1 billion dollars a year from tax payers. Why did you not air the Munk Leadership Debate last night? Thank you.
commented 2015-10-09 17:13:49 -0400
How disgraceful.
commented 2015-10-09 17:05:18 -0400
Our Public Broadcaster refuses to air such stories, in fact the opposite is the case in the runup to the election.

It’s great that the Rebel actually posts comments which reflect the views of real Canadians. CBC will not publish even polite pussyfooting comments which go against the CBC’s agenda. I am beginning to believe that the CBC must be getting paid under the table by subversives.