I'm sorry if you are having some trouble on our website. This FAQ should be able to answer any questions you have.
If you have a question that is unanswered by the FAQ, please email me at email@example.com for more help.
All the best,
Community Manager, The Rebel
- Do I have an account on The Rebel?
- Where do I login to my Rebel account?
- Where do I find Premium Content?
- I tried to sign in for Premium Content, but my email is being rejected!
- How do I subscribe to Premium Content on The Rebel?
- How do I sign into my Premium Content account?
- What is CVC and coupon code?
- Why aren’t Premium Content videos on HTTPS pages.
- The Video player won't load!
- No playable sources found?
- What is "My account" and why won't it work?
- Can I pay for Premium Content by PayPal?
- Can I pay for Premium Content by Cheque?
- Why do only a few minutes of the segment appear?
- I want to watch the Premium Content on my TV, how can I do that?
- Who can I contact for help with my Premium Membership?
- Is there a phone number I can call for assistance?
- I signed up for The Producers Club, when do I get my perks?
- I forgot my free Rebel account password. How do I get a new one?
- How do I change my account's name or address?
- How can I contribute to TheRebel.media by cheque?
There are two different accounts on The Rebel. A Premium Membership account for viewing Premium Content and a Rebel account for commenting on stories, signing petitions, and receiving newsletters. The two accounts are completely separate. It's possible that you have one account and not the other.
You can login to (or logout) of your free Rebel account by going to http://therebel.media/login
Your free Rebel account is separate from your Premium Content account, logging into your free Rebel account will not grant you access to Premium Content. You must sign in to your Premium Content account to watch videos exclusive to our paid subscribers.
The Premium Content is our TV-style shows.
Currently that includes: The Ezra Levant Show, On The Hunt with Faith Goldy, Standoff with Lauren Southern, and Culture Wars with Tiffany Gabbay.
You can access our Premium Content by clicking on the menu button (the three horizontal lines) at the top right of any page on www.therebel.media, clicking where it says Shows-Premium Content, and then click on any of the show titles that appear.
That will bring you to a list of episodes from the show you selected, all of which can be watched by our Premium Content subscribers.
Premium Content memberships are separate from the free Rebel account.
In order to sign in to watch Premium Content pages you must click "sign in" in the embed video. Use the login information you used to subscribe to Premium Content. In order to view Premium Content you must be a paid subscriber.
You can subscribe to our Premium Content at http://www.therebel.media/member or on any Premium Content page.
Please note The Rebel requires third-party cookies to be enabled.
To subscribe go to any Rebel page with Premium Content for example - http://www.therebel.media/the_ezra_levant_show
1. Click Subscribe on the embed video.
2. Choose your plan and click Subscribe.
3. Enter your name, email address, and create a password. You will use this email and password for the future to sign in to Premium Content. Click Next.
4. Enter your credit card details. Coupon can be left blank unless you have a promotional code from us. Click Pay.
You should now see a confirmation message of your membership.
You can sign into your Premium Content Account by going to http://www.therebel.media/member or any page with Premium Content.
- Scroll down to the box where it says “Are you a subscriber?”
- Click sign in.
- Enter your email address and password.
If you do not have a Premium Membership, you will need to initially click "subscribe" to access Premium Content.
CVC is the three numbers on the back of a credit card.
You do not need to input a coupon code to subscribe, that section can be left blank. It's for promotions that the Rebel may launch.
The Premium Content videos are not on https pages, but the payment process is secure.
The videos are on a system called Zype and the credit card processor that we use with Zype is Stripe. Both are secure and trusted around the globe.
The video is an embed on the page and that's why the page is an HTTP page, but the embed video is HTTPS secure.
Often switching to a different internet browser will resolve the problem.
You must have third party cookies enabled in your browser in order for the Premium Content video to play.
If you are still having trouble you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team can help get your video rolling.
If you are using FireFox you may get the error message "Error loading player: No playable sources found."
In that case simply download flash player by going here, https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and then restart FireFox once the download is complete.
This could also be caused by Flash being disabled in Firefox.
To check if Shockwave Flash is disabled on FireFox, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to the FireFox Menu
2. Navigate to "Add-ons"
3. Select "Plugins" on the right hand menu
4. For "Shockwave Flash" make sure the right drop-box is set to "Always Activate"
This will enable Flash. Please refresh the page and the video should now be playing.
If it does not play, Flash may need to be re-installed.
“My account” is where you can sign up to be one of our Premium Content subscribers.
It is also where those who have already signed up can update their email and password information.
It may not be working if you are attempting to sign in using your Rebel account which is separate from your Premium Content subscription.
We play all of our Premium Content on a system called Zype. Zype uses a credit card processor called Stripe.
Stripe is a trusted and secure credit card processor used by thousands of businesses around the globe.
Zype is not compatible with PayPal. The only way to access our Premium Content is to sign up with a credit card, mail us a cheque, or purchase a pre-paid VISA or MasterCard gift card and subscribe with that.
You can send a cheque, just please accompany it with a note that tells me what you would like your email address and password to be. You can always change your password later if you want (but it should be 8 characters long).
You use the email address and password to sign in to watch the Premium Content.
Please make it payable to "TheRebel" and send it to:
PO Box 73536, Wychwood PO
Toronto, ON M6C 4A7
Please put "Premium Content" in the memo section.
If you want you can also purchase a pre-paid VISA gift card and sign up with that.
You are only watching a free teaser from the show, to watch the entire episode you must be a Premium Content subscriber.
We have an Apple TV app and Roku app coming soon.
You can also stream the internet from your computer to your TV using a Google Chromecast.
We are waiting for memberships to hit a critical mass before we mail everything out. A mail out should occur once every few months.
We very much appreciate your generous contribution. We will make the best use of these funds we can. These crowdfunded contributions are gratuitous gifts, and do not result in any equity or other ownership or rights to contributors. We will repay you in the best way we know how: by working our hardest to make The Rebel a great success!
Please make your cheque payable to "The Rebel" and send it to:
PO Box 73536, Wychwood PO
Toronto, ON, M6C 4A7