I sit down with Jihad Watch's Robert Spencer and get specific about exactly how violent the Koran is.
Turns out, there are a helluva lot more than 10 examples. (If Islam has nothing to do with terrorism, why does the word "terror" appear in the Koran...?)
We talk about violent verses in the Koran in depth, but here are the top 10:
1. “Fight against those who do not obey Allah and do not believe in Allah or the Last Day and do not forbid what has been forbidden by Allah and His messenger even if they are of the People of the Book until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.” (9:29)
2. “When the sacred months have passed, then kill the Mushrikin wherever you find them. Capture them. Besiege them. Lie in wait for them in each and every ambush but if they repent, and perform the prayers, and give zacat then leave their way free.” (9:5)
3. “When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks.” (47:4)
4. “When your lord revealed to the angels, ‘truly I am with you. So, keep firm those who have believed. I will strike terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved. So, strike them at the necks and cut off their fingers’.” (8:12)
5. “Kill them wherever you find them and drive them out from where they drove you out. Persecution is worse than slaughter." (2:191)
6. “They ask you about fighting during the sacred months. Tell them, fighting therein is a great sin but a greater sin is to prevent mankind from following the way of Allah, to disbelieve in him… persecution is worse than slaughter.” (2:217)
7. “Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because Allah has made one superior to the other and because they spend to support them from their means. Therefore, righteous women are obedient and they guard in the husband’s absence what Allah orders them to guard. And, as to those women from whom you fear disobedience, give them a warning, send them to separate beds, and beat them.” (4:34)
8. “Oh you who believe, fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you and let them find harshness in you.” (9:123)
9. “Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. Those who follow him are merciful to one another but harsh to the disbeliever.” (48:29)
10. “And if we had willed, surely we would have given every person his guidance but the word for me took effect that I will fill Hell with jinn and mankind together.” (32:13)
BONUS ONE: “They wish that you would reject faith as they have rejected faith unless that you would all be equal. So, don’t take protectors from them unless they emigrate in the way of Allah but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them.” 4:89
JOIN TheRebel.media FREE for more fearless news and commentary you won’t find anywhere else.
READ Gavin McInnes' "gut-punchingly hilarious" memoir, The Death of Cool.
Trudeau’s Liberals MUST halt plans to bring in thousands of Syrian refugees
until they can guarantee the safety of the Canadian people.
SIGN THE PETITION at RefugeePause.ca