1. Quebec Superior Court finds secular feminist, Djemila Benhabib not guilty of slander for pointing out that a Quebec Muslim school is similar to Afghan military indoctrination centres.
At no point does this CBC article determine if what Djemila said is true or not. In the days of rule of law, truth was an absolute defence.
A feminist, secular author did not slander a Montreal private Muslim school when she likened it to military training camps, a Quebec Superior court has found.
Author and activist Djemila Benhabib told 98.5 radio host Benoît Dutrizac the Muslim Schools in Montreal "resembles the kind of indoctrination similar to what goes on in a military camp in Afghanistan or Pakistan."
The Montreal Gazette has more information, including a more detailed description of what she said about the Montreal Islamic school.
Benhabib added during the interview the school “models itself on a society different than ours. It’s a model where women have to lower their heads and walk behind men. Where kids are forced to learn Qur’anic verses and where, probably, men will commit honour crimes against their sisters.”
2. The moderate voice in Britain's new "reality show, BBC's Muslim Big Brother" believes that British values are:
‘British values for me are colonialism, institutional racism and theft, and genocide.’
The disturbing fact is that Humaira really is one of the more moderate voices in Muslims Like Us, the two-part BBC2 reality show that puts ten Muslims in a house in York and gleefully films their furious arguments over faith and Islamic culture.
3. Robert Spencer of Jihad Watch exposes some of the actors behind Canada's second bill on "Islamophobia" and this needs to be read and understood.
But the primary question remains:
If Canadians are to be disallowed from criticizing Islam, should Muslims not clean up all the hatred, contempt, slander, death threats and invective against the unbeliever in the Quran?
4. A woman was kicked in the back down an escalator in Munich today, in a seeming copycat of the attack reported on the Rebel of a group of men who kicked a German woman down a set of stairs at a subway stop.
Unlike the Berlin attack however, the men did say something to her, but she did not respond and moved on. Then she was kicked down the escalator. This from a machine translation of the link of this event.
5. Germany: Mob assaults asylum seekers and chases them through streets.
Police are calling for witnesses after three asylum seekers were attacked and chased through the streets of a small town in Thuringia by 15 Germans at the weekend.
Police said a group of locals punched and kicked the asylum seekers, an Iraqi and two Serbians, in a discotheque in Sömmerda, a town of 19,000 people near Erfurt.
A spokeswoman said police did not know what had caused the weekend fight or why it had escalated.
Given the stunning number of reports of Muslim migrant molestations and rapes of women at clubs, festivals, public events and really anywhere German girls are likely to be to relax and enjoy themselves, one might make an educated guess as to why these three where chased from the discotheque.
The interesting thing will be to see how the people who chased them are treated by the law.
Lastly, Here is an update to the report on the attack on a Coptic Christian Cathedral in Egypt yesterday. Actual footage of the explosion (and it is intimated that the attacker is shown in this clip as well):