1. Filip Dewinter, one of the leaders of Vlaams Belang (the Belgian non-leftist party), spoke in Parliament this week about Turkish spies carrying out espionage in Belgium mosques.
(Dewinter quotes Turkish president Erdogan, himself quoting a famous Muslim poem on Islamic world conquest — an act which landed the future president in jail...)
2. German police union chief warns of potential no-go zones
German Police Union chief Rainer Wendt has warned of the possibility of “police free areas” in which police and other authorities will be unable to enforce the law.
Mr. Wendt has warned German politicians to get the criminal element in the country under control or risk “police-free zones in Germany”. He said that “2017 must be a year of prosecution”, demanding police be allowed to properly enforce the law and hard measures be taken against those “who do not adhere to the laws”, Die Welt reports.
The Police Union head said no-go areas could end up being ruled under criminal laws, rather than the German rule of law, and said this year “must be a year of law enforcement. And indeed there must be consistent law enforcement for those who believe they do not have to stick to the laws in Germany.”
Wendt said something similar in November 2016:
3. Mayor faces criminal charges after ordering asylum seekers to obey New Years Eve curfew
Jos Heijmans, the Mayor of Weert, a city in the South of the Netherlands, issued the emergency decree forcing all asylum seekers to stay inside the compound of the local asylum centre as he feared a group of 26 North Africans would run amok during New Year's Eve celebrations.
Now a union that represents people convicted of crimes has filed a criminal complaint against the mayor.
4. Paul Joseph Watson interviews Tommy Robinson about a man who died while serving a one year prison term for leaving a strip of bacon on a mosque doorknob, and a ham sandwich on the steps to a London mosque.
Robinson’s personal experience with England’s incarceration system (see this interview with Ezra Levant) gives him particular insight into what can happen to a prisoner whose crime is viewed as anti-Islamic.
5. Far-left wing extremists protest the Guantanamo Bay detention centre on its 15th anniversary
According to Commentary, former Obama attorney general Eric Holder in fact testified that “Gitmo” is in full compliance with the terms of the Geneva Convention (even though this compliance is not even legally required.)