In a week when the story of missing toddler Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette was in the headlines, you would think the media covering the election campaign would eat up a story about crime, getting tough on those that prey on children.
You'd be wrong.
Why cover a story that matters to Canadians when you can claim Stephen Harper is a racist for using the term "old-stock Canadians?"
Sure the same or similar words have been spoken by Justin Trudeau and Stephane Dion and even used by the media to describe Tom Mulcair's family -- but that doesn't matter, they want you to know Harper said something "controversial" to them and their friends on Twitter.
Well, here at The Rebel, we do things differently.
Watch the full chat between Prime Minister Stephen Harper and NHL great-turned-victims-rights-advocate Sheldon Kennedy.
Harper lays out his vision of the criminal justice system, what his government has done to improve things and what they plan on doing in the future including:
* Doubling funding for Child Advocacy Centres and Child and Youth Advocacy Centres which coordinate the investigation, prosecution and treatment of crimes against children.
* Helping existing Centres provide satellite services to communities outside urban centres.
* Funding research on the “invisible” economic and social damage inflicted on victims of crime.
* Passing on a priority basis the “Life Means Life” Act which will ensure Canada’s most heinous offenders receive a life sentence without any chance of parole.
* Passing the Dangerous and Impaired Driving Act which increases penalties for repeat offenders, simplifies the burden of proof for establishing blood alcohol concentration, and speeds up impaired driving related court cases.
JOIN TheRebel.media for more fearless news and commentary you won’t find anywhere else.
VISIT our NEW group blog The Megaphone!
It’s your one-stop shop for rebellious commentary from independent and fearless readers and writers.
Ontario’s sex-ed curriculum sexualizes young children, undermines parental authority and imposes the government's morality on every Ontario family.
SIGN THE PETITION at ProtectOurKids.ca