1. Bulgarian Man badly injured, Serb killed in attack in Vienna
A Serbian was murdered, and a Bulgarian seriously injured in a fight with Afghans and Chechens in Vienna last night, the Austrian national news agency APA reported.
The fight was last night near the entrance to a metro station in Ottakring district in the capital of Austria.
At 02:00 this night, the two groups, a 21-year-old Serb and Bulgarian, on the one hand, and four men from Afghanistan and Chechnya, on the other, entered a confrontation for unknown reasons, a police spokesman said.
According to data of the law enforcement agencies, a 22-year-old man used a knife and attacked the Serb and the Bulgarian. They both received very severe injuries.
2. “White girls are filthy”: Wives of Muslim rapists blame the victims
I am meeting the wives of three men convicted of a terrible crime – of grooming and raping dozens of white girls. Nila, the 18-year-old daughter of one of them, will be there as well.
It was Nila who had approached me in Leeds when I gave a talk earlier this year. Small for her age, softly spoken, she had beautiful, green-brown eyes, Kashmiri, like her mother’s.
She was upset. ‘My dad is in prison because he was with others raping small white girls,’ she told me. ‘I hate him. He made my mum pregnant eight times even when she didn’t want to do it. I heard her crying. Six babies died. He did that to her for so long. But never went to prison.’
3. Stunning eye witness account of jihad attack in Marseilles, France
4. Brave Muslim lawyer who condemns misogyny in his community banned from keynote speech
A British Asian lawyer has been banned by fellow lawyers for speaking out in The Mail on Sunday about grooming scandals involving predominantly Asian men and white girls.
Nazir Afzal, who was widely praised for his role in tackling the Rochdale grooming scandal, has been barred from making the keynote speech at the Society of Asian Lawyers annual awards and ball in London on October 28. […] …he had written an article in the MoS on August 12 in which he said that the growing problem of South Asian grooming gangs operating in British towns and cities had to be confronted.
‘We can’t flinch from difficult conversations,’ he wrote. ‘The Asian community cannot go back to victimhood. We need to challenge a misogynistic culture that’s getting out of control and need to talk about the predators in our community.’
5. Edmonton terror attacks: 30-year-old Edmonton man is suspect
Thirty-year-old Abdulahi Sharif of Edmonton is the man being held in connection with Saturday night’s vehicle attacks in Alberta’s capital, multiple sources told Global News.
Sources said Sharif is expected to be charged with five counts of attempted murder as well as terrorism-related charges after an Edmonton police officer was hit by a car and stabbed outside Commonwealth Stadium and several people were hit by a U-Haul van in downtown Edmonton.
Video of attack:
6. Pope urges Europeans to embrace unity, reject nationalism
Pope Francis is urging Europeans not to fear unity and to put aside nationalistic and other self-interests.
Francis didn't mention the police violence during Catalonia's independence referendum Sunday on his visit to Bologna. But in a speech to university students, Francis recalled that the European Union was borne out of the ashes of war to guarantee peace.
He warned that conflicts and other interests were now threatening those founding ideals.
7. Marseille suspect released from custody day before attack
A man who fatally stabbed two women outside Marseille's main train station had been detained for shoplifting and released the day before the attack, and used seven fake identities in previous encounters with police, officials said Monday.
French authorities are studying the suspect's cellphone and working to determine his true identity and whether he had direct links to the Islamic State group, which claimed responsibility for Sunday's stabbing. The assailant was killed by soldiers immediately after the attack, the latest of several targeting France.
The suspect was identified by his fingerprints, which matched those taken during seven previous incidents registered by police since 2005, Paris Prosecutor Francois Molins told reporters.
8. SAS on mission to assassinate Bin Laden's son
At least 40 SAS soldiers have been flown to Syria to hunt down Hamza Bin Laden and other al-Qaeda operatives.
The SAS in a joint operation with the US are using spy planes, drones and voice recognition systems to find Hamaza and take him dead or alive.
A senior source told the Daily Star: “Technology is at the forefront in tracking people such as Hamza, but a source on the ground who has identified him and gained additional intelligence is worth his weight in gold.
9. Officials deny Vegas shooter linked to terror groups after ISIS claims responsibility
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the mass shooting in Las Vegas where 50 [sic] people were killed and more than 406 wounded, and said the attacker had converted to Islam a few months ago.
Stephen Craig Paddock, 64, a resident of nearby Mesquite, Nevada, opened fire on a country music festival taking place at Las Vegas Village from a room across the street in the Mandalay Bay Hotel just after 10pm on Sunday evening.
The claim was swiftly shot down by US officials, who said there is no evidence he was linked to ISIS. Paddock's family had earlier said he had no religious or political affiliations. […] 'The Las Vegas attack was carried out by a soldier of the Islamic State and he carried it out in response to calls to target states of the coalition,' the group's news agency Amaq said in reference to the U.S.-led coalition fighting the group in the Middle East.
“The Las Vegas attacker converted to Islam a few months ago,” Amaq added.
ISIS called for a lone wolf attack on the Las Vegas Strip in a chilling ‘call to arms’ video released in May
10. American convicted of supporting al Qaeda, aiding bomb attack
An American citizen was found guilty by jurors in Brooklyn federal court on Friday of supporting the militant group al Qaeda and helping to prepare a 2009 car bomb attack on a U.S. military base in Afghanistan.
Muhanad Mahmoud Al Farekh, 31, was convicted of charges that included conspiring to murder Americans and use a weapon of mass destruction, and supporting a foreign terrorist organization, according to John Marzulli, a spokesman for U.S. prosecutors in Brooklyn.
He faces life in prison when he is sentenced on Jan. 11.