1. MP Iqra Khalid Announces Liberal Government Response of $23 M Funding Initiatives in context of M103
2. Gavin Boby ROASTS Theresa May for Her Happy Ramadan Video
3. Backlash hits Toronto City Councillor who tweets Canada has “rightfully opened its borders” but demands more from federal government to “settle our new neighbours”
The Federal Government has correctly opened our borders. As they should. We are a welcoming country and better for it. But their responsibility to refugees doesn’t end at the border, it must include housing supports to settle our new neighbours. 4/4— Joe Cressy (@joe_cressy) June 27, 2018
Click HERE to see the responses Cressy received to his tweet.
4. UK: Doctors “should not have to report” suspected terrorists
Doctors should not be obliged to refer concerns about suspected terrorists to Prevent de-radicalisation authorities, their union has ruled.
The British Medical Association agreed a motion to support any members who refuse to take part in training in the scheme.
Doctors said the obligations on them were “Orwellian” “Kafka-esque” and “like a scene from Minority Report” – claiming the measures were creating “a climate of fear and mistrust”.
They said that the obligation to refer suspicions about patients or colleagues to the authorities could undermine trust in medics.
5. Viktor Orbán comments on eve of Prime Ministers’ Summit: “I expect sharp arguments and a long night”
Video from Orbán’s Facebook page:
6. Should Trudeau resign based on his own standards for misconduct?
7. Antisemitism incidents fuel migrant debate in Germany
After a spate of antisemitic attacks Germany's 100,000 strong Jewish community is becoming increasingly anxious about a new wave of hate crime. There are fears that it may be linked to an upsurge in migration from Muslim countries hostile to Israel.
8. Sadiq Khan questioned by “Justice 4 Our Boys” at State of London Debate
9. Close European Court of Human Rights - Salvini
(ANSA) - Rome, June 28 - Interior Minister and Deputy Premier Matteo Salvini said Thursday that the European Court of Human Rights's ruling condemning Italy for confiscating several illegal construction sites without convicting those responsible showed the court should be shut down.
The ECHR said Italian authorities breached the right to respect private property.
“The Strasbourg court condemns Italy and defends eyesores and the unregulated cementification,” League leader Salvini said. “It is the umpteenth proof that certain institutions should be closed down”.
10. Greece must process asylum claims faster, rights commissioner says
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greece must process asylum claims faster and move asylum seekers from its islands, where many live in cramped and dangerous conditions, the Council of Europe’s top human rights official said on Friday. [...]
“The situation remains worrying and much more needs to be done to protect the human rights of those who have had to flee their country,” Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights Dunja Mijatovic said at the end of a five-day visit to Greece.