1. Hungary may take in Iranian girl who Sweden refused because she “voluntarily converted to Christianity, and therefore is not a real refugee”
“If she seeks help in Hungary, the Hungarian State is ready to recognise the girl from Iran as a refugee who the Swedish authorities intend to send back to the Islamic Republic despite the fact that her life would be in considerable danger on account of having converted to Christianity, Deputy Prime Minister Zsolt Semjén, who at present also performs the duties of Prime Minister due to the fact that Viktor Orbán is currently on leave, told the newspaper Magyar Idők.”
2. Paris attack: Man shot in hunt for BMW driver who mowed down six French soldiers
French police shot and arrested a suspect in a dramatic motorway chase Wednesday after a car smashed into soldiers outside a barracks in a Paris suburb, injuring six. (About 6:00 AM GMT)
The suspected terror attack is the latest in a string of assaults that have hit France since January 2015, claiming more than 230 lives.
The servicemen were hit by a BMW which drove down a quiet street in the upmarket western Paris suburb of Levallois-Perret at around 6am GMT.
(The soldiers) were part of the 7,000-strong anti-terrorism Sentinelle force set up in January 2015 which sees armed, uniformed soldiers patrol the streets and guard high-risk areas such as tourist sites and religious buildings. […] France's interior minister says that a driver intentionally targeted soldiers in a calculated car attack, and that authorities are still searching for the perpetrator.
Gerard Collomb told reporters that the attack near Paris Wednesday marks the sixth time that soldiers with the Sentinelle operation have been targeted.
3. Explanation of the conflict between Poland, Germany and the EU:
4. Confrontation between Italians and some Muslims using car-park as a mosque:
5. Political theatre by critics of Angela Merkel in Germany:
6. Zakaria Sheek-Hussein faces 23 charges in Ottawa
OTTAWA – Police have charged an Ottawa man with a slew of firearm and drug offences. […] Police seized a handgun, drugs and an unknown amount of cash.
Zakaria Sheek-Hussein, 23, faces charges including possession of a dangerous weapon, carrying a concealed weapon, possessing a firearm without a license, possession of a loaded firearm, possession of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking.
7. Italy: Protestors against new “Refugee Centre”
8. Democratic Congressman hangs portrait of Statue of Liberty as Muslim woman
A Democratic congressman is taking heat from Sarah Palin and other conservatives for a painting hanging in his California district office that depicts the Statue of Liberty as a Muslim woman.
We the People Rising, a conservative-leaning activist group, was among the first to object to the painting in Rep. Lou Correa’s district office in Santa Ana, Calif., arguing it violates the separation of church and state.
The group, which advocates for tougher immigration laws, has asked Correa to remove the painting, which is a finalist in the Congress’ annual student art competition.
9. Armed police arrest 26-year-old man on suspicion of terrorism offences in London
Firearms officers arrested the man in north-west London at around 7.30pm on Tuesday.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said the arrest was “a precautionary measure”.
The man was arrested on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation and instigation of terrorism.
He remains in custody at a south London police station. […] The arrest numbers included 12 people who had been arrested in connection with the Westminster attack in March but excluded people detained in connection with the Manchester and London Bridge attacks.
Security service figures also revealed the police and MI5 are carrying out 500 investigations involving a total of 3,000 suspects at any one time.
There are also 20,000 former “subjects of interest” who they say they need to keep under review.
10. Interview with Richard Dawkins, who typically attacks Christianity and Judaism, dared take on Islam, and his speech was cancelled by leftist University of California at Berkeley.