“Armed police and fire vehicles have reportedly surrounded the Airbus A320 following reports of a "direct threat" while the flight has been evacuated at the Charles De Gaulle airport.
Passengers were evacuated at around 8pm this morning and ordered to move "single file" onto the runway.
Passengers were informed shortly before take off that a ‘direct threat’ had been made against the airport.
British Airways wrote on its website: “We’re very sorry, this flight has been delayed significantly".
Mr Anderson told Express.co.uk: ‘Initially the pilot told us there were technical issues. We were waiting on the plane for around an hour.’
‘We were then told the aircraft had to move to another part of the airport. That’s when we noticed police and fire vehicles quickly surround the plane and dozens of armed officers and firefighters got out.’
The pilot then said there had been a direct security threat involving our flight specifically.”
2. Interview with the Muslim father of a convicted rapist in Italy, who also was ordered deported but is allowed to stay because he has children born in Italy, one of whom is now in jail for rape.
3. Romanian Coast Guard fires on migrant boats.
“Huranieh, 35, died Aug. 21 from injuries suffered in a fall from a second-floor window of the seven-bedroom home on Howard Road in Farmington Hills. Authorities said she was found on her patio by her 14-year-old daughter, who called police to report Huranieh was not breathing.
The death was ruled a homicide following an autopsy, and her son, Muhammad Altantawi, is charged as an adult with second-degree murder. He is being held in Oakland County Children’s Village without bond. […] Huranieh and Bassel Altantawi, who wed in Syria in 1999 and had three children, were in the midst of a divorce; both were scheduled to give depositions the week she died.
Huranieh had filed for divorce in March 2016. According to court records, the teen’s father, Bassel Altantawi, now 46, violated orders for supervised visitation and allegedly met several times with his son at a strip mall near the home more than a year ago.
The father also expressed concerns that his children were being “Americanized” by his wife in contrast to their Syrian and Islamic roots, court records indicate.”
“Toronto, ON-based commercial bakery Fiera Foods Company was sentanced by an Ontario court on Thursday to pay a fine for failing to protect a worker who died after her hijab became caught in a conveyor system, the Ontario Ministry of Labour announced via press release.
The worker was fatally injured at a Fiera Foods plant in Toronto on Sept. 2, 2016 when their hijab was entrapped under a conveyor’s chain drive guard covering. No emergency stop button was present where the incident occurred, according to the ministry.
Identified as 23-year-old Guinean refugee Amina Diaby, the temporary worker died as a result of the injuries, the Toronto Star reported. She had only worked at the bakery for two weeks prior to the incident.”
It might be worth looking at this event in the context of a 2008 case where UPS was sued by a group of eight Muslims because they were requested to change their clothing to conform to UPS safety codes. The women objected because it violated their religious rights and UPS had to pay out.
This means that employers seem to have to allow an exception to safety standards for Muslims, but also bear full responsibility for the consequences for the violations of these safety standards.
“A knife-wielding assailant tried to attack a soldier in a big Paris subway interchange Friday in an incident being investigated by counterterrorism authorities. The assailant was quickly arrested and no one was hurt.
The Paris prosecutor's office says counterterrorism investigators opened a probe into the incident at the Chatelet station in central Paris, based on preliminary examination of the attacker's background and the method and target of the attack.
Traffic and access at the station, which serves multiple subway and commuter train lines, quickly resumed, though extra security forces were deployed.
The soldier involved was with the Sentinelle force assigned to protect prominent sites after deadly Islamic extremist attacks around France in recent years. Sentinelle soldiers themselves, along with police officers, have been repeatedly targeted.”
7. Trump was right! Police first held 'refugee boy', 18, arrested at Dover over bucket bomb TWO WEEKS AGO but let him go, say neighbours - as officers finally raid home of MBE foster couple who took him in
“The 18-year-old being held by police on suspicion of planting a bomb on the London underground was arrested two weeks ago at the exact same tube station where the device exploded but released, neighbours have said.
The revelation comes after President Donald Trump tweeted that the 'loser terrorist' behind the latest London attack was 'in the sights of Scotland Yard' - and heaps pressure on the force to reveal whether he was detained and why he was released.
Police said they are 'keeping an open mind' on whether there was more than one person responsible for the Parsons Green bombing.”
Related: Security boost in the UK:
8. A dozen classical liberals faced off against far left wing violent extremists over the opening of a mosque in Spain September 16th.
9. Second 'bomber' lived just yards from Heathrow airport amid fears of a plot to bring down a jet - as it's revealed first 'bomber' is Iraqi refugee whose parents died and that he 'was arrested TWO WEEKS ago at Parsons Green’.
“Police are searching a house directly opposite Heathrow airport after a second man was arrested in connection with the Parsons Green terror attack - as it also emerged police allowed the first suspect to slip through their fingers just a fortnight earlier.
A 21-year-old was apprehended in the London borough of Hounslow on Saturday night, amid fears a terror cell was planning a fresh attack on the country.
It came just hours after officers swooped the Port of Dover and arrested an 18-year-old, believed to be an Iraqi refugee who was allegedly arrested two weeks ago at the same tube station where the device exploded on Friday, but was allowed to walk free.
The teenager - who is being held after police tracked him to the departures hall of the coastal town's port - is thought to have been a 'problematic foster child' who was raised in Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey, by Penelope Jones, 71, and husband Ronald, 88.
The couple's home was raided by armed officers on Saturday and 'a bomb and 15 firearms' were found, a neighbour claimed.”
“ARMED SAS troops are being deployed on the London Underground with orders to shoot to kill terrorists, according to reports.
The Daily Star says the Special Forces task force has been trained to target extremists on planes, buses and trains.
It is understood troops will travel in pairs, disguised as couples, to monitor suspicious passengers.
The undercover Special Forces teams are said to have spent months in training with the move planned prior to Friday’s attack.
A source told The Daily Star: ‘The unit is composed of some of both male and female personnel from the Special Reconnaissance Regiment who are trained killers and can pose as couples while travelling on public transport.’”