1. Report: Half of Terror Plots in Germany by “Refugees”
More than half (54 per cent) of terror plots in Germany have involved asylum seekers and refugees since 2014 and the onset of the migrant crisis.
The report, by the Heritage Foundation think tank, found that attacks across Europe by foreign trained militants increased dramatically in 2016, following the height of the migrant influx, with Germany becoming a much more popular target.
“The increase in the threat to Germany is especially stark,” the report’s authors write. “There were no plots in Germany in 2014, and only two in 2015. In 2016, this increased eightfold.”
2. London Doctor Charged with 118 Sexual Offences Including Child Abuse
London-based Dr. Manish Shah has been charged with 118 sexual offences including the abuse of a child under 13 years of age.
The 47-year-old doctor is accused of having assaulted 54 victims at a surgery in east London between 2004 and 2013, when he was first arrested.
His charges include 65 counts of assault by penetration, contrary to Section 2 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, and 52 counts of sexual assault, contrary to section 3 of the Act.
In a statement published Wednesday night, the Metropolitan Police reported that Shah is also charged with one count of sexual assault on a child under 13, contrary to section 7 of the Act.
3. German Mayor Furious After Sudanese Migrant Molests Ten-Year-Old Girl
Jan Peter Bechtluft, mayor of the German town of Papenburg, has expressed fury after a 26-year-old Sudanese asylum seeker was arrested for sexually molesting a ten-year-old girl at a local shop.
The Papenburg mayor said: “For people who commit crimes, there can be no right to asylum.”
His comments come after a pair of Sudanese asylum seekers in their 20s were arrested by police on suspicion that one of them had sexually molested a ten-year-old girl by grabbing at her chest, Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung reports.
(One of the migrants has multiple priors which include attacking police officers.)
4. Poles protest EU migrant policy at soccer games with banners, chants
France24 video about Polish EU conflict:
5. Islamic State appears to be behind a deadly attack on Shiia mosque in Afghanistan
Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a suicide attack on a Shi'ite mosque in Afghanistan that killed and wounded dozens of people on Tuesday, the group's official agency AMAQ said on Wednesday.
6. Italy: Coast guard footage of migrant rescue ship detention
7. Palestinian UN ambassador justifies last month’s slaughter of Israeli family
8. European Court stops Germany from deporting declared Muslim terrorist
The European Court of Human Rights on Wednesday blocked Germany’s planned deportation of a Russian 18-year-old, who had been deemed a potentially “dangerous” Islamist.
The young man had already been on the way to Frankfurt airport on Tuesday when the court decision was made, forcing the driver to turn around, according to media reports.
9. Montreal’s Olympic Stadium now a migrant storage centre
More from The Rebel's Brian Lilley:
10. Migrants, Muslims and Haitians pouring across Quebec border into Canada