In honour of Elizabeth May's 'crazy' speech, here are the top 5.
5. Howard Dean – Dean finished third to John Kerry and John Edwards in the 2004 Iowa Democratic caucuses. Dean capped the night with a fiery outburst to his supporters, which went viral. The Al Gore endorsed candidate’s campaign quickly nose-dived, ending Dean’s run at President.
4. Justin Trudeau – Trudeau staunchly defends his allegiance to Canada after appearing to suggest there were conditions he would be willing to support Quebec’s independence.
3. Vermin Supreme – the lesser-known candidate who ran for the 2012 Democratic presidential nominee is making a comeback for the 2016 election. He’s famous for promising every American a pony, wearing a boot on his head, and glitter bombing one of his opponents.
2. Elizabeth May – ‘longwinded’ and ‘off the rails’ are just two ways to describe May’s awkward speech at the press gallery dinner. May thought it would be funny to disparage her parliamentary colleagues, drop the f-bomb, and give a shout-out to Omar Khadr before being pulled off the stage.
1. Phil Davison – There's never been a more passionate speech for the nomination for County Treasurer. Davison’s rant may never be beat in terms of craziness, but we believe Elizabeth May has it in her to give him a good run. The speech for nomination of County Treasurer quickly went viral and has made Davison an internet star.