If you’ve never heard of a SlutWalk, that’s probably because you’re not a radical, third-wave feminist or just don’t monitor them. However, SlutWalks happen in some major cities these days, and last weekend, I was “lucky” enough to go to my very first one in Vancouver.
Held in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery - sort of the de facto “protest place” in the city because of the gallery’s high steps that give all sorts of radical speakers a very visible soapbox - the Vancouver SlutWalk is nominally about female empowerment. In reality, however, it’s actually about something very nasty.
From my first-person experience of the event, I could tell with 100% certainty that the Vancouver SlutWalk - and this is probably true of SlutWalks in other cities, too - was really about misandry. Misandry is defined as a hatred of men by Merriam-Webster. How do I know the agenda was anti-male? Because all of the speakers and attendees at the event espoused:
· Lies about a rape culture in the west.
· The paranoid belief that many or all men are rapists.
· The insane belief that females are being victimized left and right by men.
· An aggressive, ideological insistence to play speech police by wanting to outlaw certain words (like “rape,” for instance.)
The event kicked off at 2 pm on Sunday. As I waited for the first speakers to let loose with their radical propaganda and poorly rehearsed rhymes that you’d expect from a middle school talent show, I scanned the crowd to see what sorts of people show up to a radical event like this in a leftist stronghold like Vancity.
A few things stood out to me immediately:
1) Girls as young as 13 and 14 wearing only their bras in public, with their parents actually being with them at the event!
2) Some parents actually bringing their extremely young children (perhaps four or five years old) and making them listen to these hatemongering, radical feminists (in my opinion, a form of child abuse.)
3) Every single male in attendance being a mousy, skinny, liberal girlie-man!!
During their “motivational” speeches, not one time did these radical feminists mention the real rape culture that exists in such third-world cesspools like Africa or Arab countries - you know, those countries where women don’t have the luxury to put on a BS event like this, claim complete oppression, and then get away without any reprisals (possibly because they’re being sold into slavery.) That’s because third-wave feminists at events like this don’t care about women, but only about naked power by making relentless, false allegations of victimization and misogyny in the west…in the hopes of imposing their man-hating agenda on society.
The only bright spot (a highlight, actually) at the event was when The Rebel’s own Lauren Southern crashed the event, held up the “There is no rape culture in the West” sign, and finally began interviewing the overly aggressive feminists…who exposed themselves for the haters and bullies they are (kudos to the camera guys, too!).
So all in all, I’ll be skipping next year’s Vancouver SlutWalk. Life’s too short to have hatred, propaganda and blatant lies shoved in your face, after all.
Follow The Megaphone on Twitter.
JOIN TheRebel.media for more news and commentary you won’t find anywhere else.